Things To Do with Your Family on Valentine’s Day
12 February 2022 • Words by Gigi Clark < 1 min
Valentine’s Day can be complicated for many of us — while idealistic versions of love are all over our TVs and in stores, it doesn’t always look so romantic for everyone! Children absorb much of what they see, so showing them real examples of love can broaden their understanding beyond heteronormative advertising and messaging. Talk to them about people in your life who share and hold different kinds of love: blended families, long-term deep friendships, single aunts with pets — love is love is love!
Using Valentine’s Day as a way to teach your children the value of small gestures helps them incorporate love into their every day.
Here are a few easy things to do with your family on Valentine’s Day:
- Write loving messages on the bathroom mirror for a morning smile
- Put notes into packed lunches with a mini prize like stickers or erasers
- Plan a meal where everyone’s favorite food is served
- Make a love list as a family
- Create coupons for friends and family to hand out for hugs, help with chores and more!
- Snuggle up with our Moshlings In Love Playlist
- Watch Stanley & Ophelia on YouTube
And remember, don’t limit your love to February 14th!